Saturday, April 2, 2011

Dark Chocolate

My hope is to see how this rod likes fish. I tried a few new things on this rod. First, I colored this rod by using Potassium Permanganate. It gives it a nice dark hue. I tried a few different thread color schemes, and ended up with this one. It was exactly what I was goin for. Second, I dipped this rod is Marine Spar Varnish. This was something I was a little hesitant to try. All previous rods I just finished with oil. I am glad I tried this new method of finishing my rods. It was a pretty easy method to get such good results. It is an 8' 5wt. Bamboo ferrules and Buckeye Burl reelseat.
























4 comments:

Ben said...

Where did you get the yellow and black silk? I have been looking for green and black with little luck.

Jory Ward said...

It is actually nylon from fishhawk. I think I might know of a place to get it in silk. let me research it an get back to you

Ben said...

Thanks Jory, just text me if you find it. Ben

Jory Ward said...

I looked for some but could only find it in nylon. I will keep you in mind if I ever come across any. jory